If you are a motorcycle accident victim with serious injuries, it could mean that you are dependent upon a fair verdict with a high compensation to afford the right medical treatment for your injuries. But what is the right claim for your case? What is the average settlement that you can expect?
All motorbike accidents are different and the amount of compensation also varies. However, according to the reports, the average amount was between $73,000 to $74,000. But with the help of a Motorcycle accident attorney in Lake Charles you can get large payouts on proving the severity of your injuries. The lawyers from the L. Clayton Burgess have the appropriate credentials and professional expertise to assist you to overcome all challenges.
Common Injuries Associated With a Motorcycle Accident Case
As with any vehicle accidents, accidents come with fatal injuries, financial strain, and other damages. Motorcycle crashes are extremely devastating that cause severe injuries like –
- Facial fractures or disfigurements
- Burns and broken bones
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Nerve damages
The average settlement claim depends on the uniqueness of a case. Accident victims with life-long damages can expect higher-dollar settlements. Victims often lack the knowledge of adequate settlement values. If you are involved with a motorcycle accident, get in touch with injury lawyers in Lake Charles Louisiana to receive much-needed guidance for your legal case and to calculate the right amount of your compensation.
Factors That Affect Motorcycle Accident Compensation
It is the nature of the insurance companies to disapprove of the severity of the victim’s case and finalize low settlements. However, it isn’t so! The claim amount varies from case to case. Before you file a claim at the court, make sure you sit with professional Lake Charles motorcycle accident lawyers and carefully calculate the amount for your losses and damages. These may include:
- Physical pain and sufferings
- Mental and emotional damages
- Loss of income at present and even future
- Cost of medical treatment and therapy in the future
- Expense of medicines
- Vocational rehabilitation costs
- Home health aide services
- Possible home remodeling
- Modified vehicles for a victim who lost a leg in the accident
As an American citizen, you may also be entitled to punitive damages which give you the right the other driver for reckless behavior. However, punitive damages are capped in most American states. For instance, if you are from Missouri, you won’t be awarded 5 times the damages and injuries or $500,000, whichever is higher.
Motorcycle Accident Compensation Amount Examples
As the plaintiff, you need to prove with strong and convincing evidence that the defendant caused the injuries. If you fail, the value of your case drops. An attorney plays a significant role in determining the amount. Here are some recent motorcycle accident settlements from around the US:
- $3.5 million: A victim from Connecticut was riding his motorcycle when he crashed on a poorly maintained road. The case reached its settlement with the defendant milling company.
- $1.9 million: A severe motorcycle accident caused due to a truck. The victim underwent several surgeries.
- $1.7 million: The plaintiff was riding as a passenger with her husband. Suffered serious injuries when a car turned left in front of the motorcycle. She also lost her husband.
- $530,000: Defendant was drunk and drove car into the motorcycle’s path. The victim died in the crash.
- $515,000: Defendant made a sudden left turn in front of the victim which led to serious injuries that required several surgeries.
It is difficult to determine the settlement amount without a thorough analysis of all the aspects of a case. The average amount also depends on how long the case takes. Sometimes victims want a faster settlement and end up with a smaller amount. There are ample cases where insurance companies make absurd offers. If you are a victim of serious injuries and the insurance companies offer an amount which isn’t sufficient for your well-being, you must go to court for justice. Hire accident attorneys with relevant experience from The Law Offices of L. Clayton Burgess as they can turn the case in your favor and assure you an optimum compensation amount.