Lake Charles Medical Malpractice Attorney
Our health is trusted to the hands of medical professionals throughout our lives. We trust nurses, doctors, emergency rooms, and hospitals to take care of our families. We expect the highest level of care from these professionals.
Not every mistake or unfortunate event by a physician or hospital is a medical malpractice case. For there to be a legitimate case, an injured patient must prove a few things.
MEDICAL MALPRACTICE INJURY LAWYER LAKE CHARLES
Medical malpractice occurs when a person is injured by a medical professional or other healthcare provider’s actions. It is however important to understand that not all medical malpractice is negligence. Malpractice can happen at any stage of the treatment. Ideally, healthcare professionals should provide the patient care up to a certain standard. A medical malpractice law is in place to make sure that all patients receive competent care.
Medical malpractice is largely an issue of state law. In every state, the statute of limitation slightly differs.
As medical negligence cases can turn out to be complicated, it’s always better to contact trained medical malpractice lawyers.
If you or someone you love has been a victim of medical malpractice, you can reach out to the medical malpractice lawyers in Lake Charles LA at the Law Offices of L. Clayton Burgess. The solicitors here have in-depth understanding of all the nuances of the law. This helps them pursue complicated cases without the slightest hassle. A medical malpractice injury lawyer in lake Charles is here to help You. Don’t hesitate to find out whether your injury case has merit.
IF YOU OR YOUR LOVED ONE IS IN NEED OF LEGAL ASSISTANCE, REACH OUT TO OUR MEDICAL MALPRACTICE INJURY LAWYER NOW.
Call our office today for a FREE review of your medical malpractice case. We work on a contingent agreement basis which means that our fee is based on the outcome of your case.
Don’t Delay! You may have a valid claim! Let us help you get your compensation before the statute of limitations expires!
MEDICAL MALPRACTICE LAW CAN BE COMPLICATED
Let our Lake Charles medical malpractice attorneys assist you
WHAT IS A MEDICAL MALPRACTICE CLAIM?
Medical mistakes can result in permanent damage. There are times when instances of medical malpractice have turned out to be fatal for patients. To be considered medical malpractice, the following conditions must be fulfilled:
- Not adhering to the standard of care: As per law, there are certain medical standards that are considered as acceptable under similar circumstances. This is known as the ‘standard of care’. If a medical professional has not adhered to this particular standard of care, then negligence may be established.
- Damage was caused due to negligence: For a medical malpractice claim to be valid, it’s not sufficient to prove that the medical professional did not adhere to the standard of care. The patient must also prove that the damages were caused due to negligence.
- Injury resulted in severe damages: For a lawsuit to be valid, the patient must show that there were significant damages that resulted due to medical negligence. In fact, it’s important to prove that the negligence resulted in loss of income, disability, pain and suffering, and future medical expenses.
WHY REACH OUT TO OUR MEDICAL MALPRACTICE LAWYERS LAKE CHARLES LA?
We have a team of skilled and knowledgeable legal representatives who have more than 20 years of experience in handling complicated medical malpractice cases. If you or someone you love has suffered from damage due to medical negligence, don’t hesitate to reach out to our solicitors.
OTHER MEDICAL MALPRACTICE CLAIMS INCLUDE:
- Unnecessary or incorrect surgery
- Operating on the wrong part of the body
- Persistent pain after surgery
- Fatal infections acquired in the hospital
- Prescribing the wrong dosage
- Premature discharge from the hospital
For any medical malpractice claim, reach out to our solicitors at the Law Offices of L. Clayton Burgess!
Medical Malpractice Law Can Be Complicated
Don’t Delay! Call Clay!