Lake Charles Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
Injuries from motorcycle accidents can be severe. Our lawyers at The Law Offices of L. Clayton Burgess bring a history of success.
MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT ATTORNEY IN LAKE CHARLES
Motorcycles are inherently more dangerous than cars. In the United States, motorcycles are responsible for several deaths and injuries. Perhaps riding a bike requires more concentration and attention. Riding a motorcycle itself is more physically and mentally exhausting than driving a car. Lake Charles Accident Attorney always advises our clients to choose attorneys carefully. Our Lake Charles attorneys have extensive experience in handling motorcycle accidents and other injuries.
According to the latest statistics, NHTSA reported that 4,976 people succumbed to death while riding in the year 2015. There are a few proactive steps such as wearing a helmet, receiving proper training, and driving within the speed limit that may prevent accidents. However, there are always riding hazards that are out of your control such as bad weather, potholes, gravel or sand, and bad drivers. Again, sunlight and glare can instantly blind the riders. Riding a motorcycle under certain circumstances can be dangerous.
Here are some of the common causes of motorcycle accidents:
- Inexperienced drivers
- Dangerous road conditions
- Defective safety equipment
- Sudden brakes
Motorcycle accidents often lead to debilitating and life-changing injuries. Therefore, when there is a motorcycle accident, it’s always better to reach out to trained attorneys at the Law Offices of L. Clayton Burgess. Our Lake Charles motorcycle accident lawyers have an in-depth understanding of all the nuances of the law. This helps them resolve complicated motorcycle accident cases with ease and efficiency. Get a Free Consultation today for a motorcycle accident attorney in Lake Charles.
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR LEGAL ASSISTANCE? REACH OUT TO OUR MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT ATTORNEYS IN LAKE CHARLES TODAY!
Call our office for a FREE analysis of your motorcycle accident case. Our experienced lawyers work on a contingent basis which means they charge a fee only when they successfully resolve your case.
Don’t Delay! You may have a valid claim! Let us help you get your compensation before the statute of limitations expires!
Motorcycle Accidents Lead to Physical Pain and Financial Losses.
Contact our office to schedule a free consultation with our motorcycle accident attorney in Lake Charles.
REASONS TO HIRE A PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEY
- Be careful of cars turning at intersections: Motorcyclists are often hit at intersections by cars. To avoid being hit, it’s important to give these cars enough space when turning.
- Avoid speeding at sharp turns: If you are going through a turn too quickly, you may end up flying off the road. It’s important to use visual clues such as telephone poles and light posts to help you identify the severity of a turn.
- Don’t drive under influence: Most motorcycle accidents are caused due to drunken driving. It’s important to understand that riding a motorcycle requires sharp reflexes and alcohol significantly diminishes your capacity to react, thereby leading to fatal accidents.
Call the Law Offices of L. Clayton Burgess Today!
Our Motorcycle Accident Attorneys in Lake Charles Are Readily Available to Assist You
Exorbitant medical bills, loss of wages, loss of earning potential, and pain and suffering can make it difficult to cope financially after an accident.
MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT STATISTICS
- 4,976 motorcyclists killed in motor vehicle traffic crashes in 2015
- 4,594 motorcyclists killed in 2014
- 88,000 motorcyclists injured in 2015
- 92,000 motorcyclists injured in 2014
- 14% of all traffic fatalities are motorcycle-related
- 55% of motorcycle fatalities happen in urban areas compared to 45% in rural areas
- 33% accidents occurred at intersections, 67% occurred at non-intersection locations
- 57% accidents happened during daylight, 38% in the dark, 4% during dusk, and 1% during dawn
- 97% accidents occurred in cloudy/clear weather compared to 2% in the rain and 1% in other conditions