Truck Accident Attorney Lake Charles LA
The chances of getting into a car accident at least one time in your life is extremely high, especially due to the vast increase of vehicles on the road these days. If an individual gets into a crash, he/she may be lucky enough to escape with only minor injuries – perhaps just a few scrapes and bruises. But the impact of a car crash can range widely from financial issues to emotional or even physical injuries.
Trucking Injury Attorney Lake Charles
Being a victim of a truck accident is not the same as being involved in an accident with another vehicle. The severity of injuries is heightened due to the colossal size of trucks. Truck drivers face a series of challenges every day: combating fatigue, maneuvering difficult roadways, meeting stringent delivery deadlines, and ensuring the safety of the vehicle. In fact, becoming a truck driver requires several months of training and orientation. It’s true that without the trucking industry, we wouldn’t have enjoyed the comforts of our modern lives. However, given the gigantic size of the trucks, there’s always the chance of trucking accidents.
Given the severity of the damage, insurance companies, investigators, and lawyers immediately go to work to restrict the compensation to be given to the victim. They strive hard to ensure that they pay as little as possible for trucking collision injuries. Get in touch with our Trucking Injury Attorney Lake Charles for FREE case evaluation.
COMMON CAUSES OF TRUCK ACCIDENTS
- Speeding and reckless driving
A commercial truck that fails to follow stringent traffic laws leads to risk of accident.
Ideally, truck drivers are not supposed to drive for prolonged periods. Driver fatigue and sleep deprivation are some of the common causes of truck accidents.
- Driving under influence of alcohol
Truck drivers often turn to alcohol to cope with their challenging work. Alcohol brings a sharp dip in the reflexes. This, in turn, can turn out to be dangerous and lead to accidents.
WHY HIRE A TRUCKING ACCIDENT ATTORNEY TO REPRESENT YOU
- It’s difficult to prove liability: One reason why trucking accidents are different from other accidents is that multiple parties could be held liable. In a truck accident, the driver, trucking company, contractor or government entities could all be held responsible.
- It’s important to have an appropriate legal strategy: While there are some cases that need to be resolved in court, others can be negotiated with insurance companies through mediation or arbitration process. Only an experienced attorney is familiar with all the nuances of the law and will recommend the most suitable course of action to recover the compensation you are entitled to.
- Negotiations could include multiple parties: When there is more than one party liable for the accident, it becomes necessary to negotiate with multiple parties. Fortunately, skilled attorneys have the experience of negotiating with insurers and others.
If you are still confused, you can reach out to the professionals at the Law Offices of L. Clayton Burgess. Our Truck Accident Attorney Lake Charles LA review all the employment records, maintenance records, and weigh station check-ins of the truck drivers. You can always bank on us to remain focused on the most significant aspect of the case: the well-being of yourself and your family.
IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A TRUCKING INJURY ATTORNEY IN LAKE CHARLES, CONTACT US NOW.
Call our office today for a free analysis of your trucking accident case. The attorneys at the Law Offices of L. Clayton Burgess work on a contingency fee basis. This means the solicitor’s fee is based on the amount of compensation recovered.
Don’t Delay! You may have a valid claim! Let us help you get your compensation before the statute of limitations expires!
Don’t Wait To Get Started. Let’s Work Together Now.
Determining Liability for Trucking Accidents
In a trucking accident, multiple individuals come together to get the job done. This, in turn, makes it even more difficult to determine the liability. Unlike regular accidents, there may be a web of factors that determine who is liable for a trucking accident.
WHAT MAKES A TRUCK DRIVER LIABLE?
- Consumption of alcohol or drugs
- Extending the stringent hours of work
- Careless driving
- Failure to inspect the vehicles
- Failure to maintain the vehicles
WHAT MAKES TRUCKING COMPANIES LIABLE?
- Having untrained and unlicensed drivers
- Encouraging drivers to ignore the strict Hours of Service
- Failing to carry out necessary inspection and maintenance checks
- Failing to check drivers for compliance
WHY ARE TRUCKING ACCIDENTS COMPLICATED?
Not all accidents are the same. Those involving trucks are more complicated mainly because these operate across state lines and within individual states. Moreover, these regulations vary significantly depending on the type of company that owns the truck. It’s therefore important to consult both state and federal laws.
Whenever there is a trucking accident, the state law comes into play. Each state has different insurance requirements. The crux is that determining fault in a trucking accident is not always a simple task. Thus, having an experienced team of attorneys on your side can be helpful.
As per federal law, it’s important to carry out regular safety checks and registration procedures. Moreover, adhering to federal regulations require a lot of documentation. Only an experienced legal team can handle all the cumbersome paperwork.
Hours of Service
Sleep is no doubt one of the most important factors for any trucker. The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration regulates the Hours of Service:
- Maximum drive time is 70 hours
- Only after 34 consecutive hours of rest can a trucker resume driving
- There is an 11-hour daily drive limit
- It’s mandatory to have a 30-minute break during the first eight hours of driving
INJURIES IN A TRUCKING ACCIDENT
- Broken bones
- Brain damage
- Severe concussion
- Deep lacerations
- Laceration of organs
- Exposure to chemicals and fumes
Lake Charles Truck Injury Lawyer
In a trucking accident, having an experienced team of legal professionals is definitely the best-case scenario. Irrespective of income, you can always afford our Lake Charles truck injury lawyers. The Law Offices of L. Clayton Burgess work on a no-win/no-pay basis. Our initial consultation is FREE to anyone needing legal advice after an accident. No matter how severe the injuries are, we strive hard to provide you the most suitable settlement you are entitled to.